The Rockhound’s Quiz
1. What do you call a person who does lapidary art?
a. a lapidary
b. a rockhound
c. a geologist
d. a lapidarian
2. What is a leaverite?
a. a type of mineral
b. a rock of no value
c. a metamorphic rock
d. A rock that you leave right where you find it!
3. What is the birthstone for August?
4. Which of the following minerals is harder than quartz?
5. What type of rock are fossils found in?
6. What mineral group is emerald in?
7. How pure is 14k gold?
8. What mineral group is agate in?
9. What is the toughest (ability to resist cracking and chipping) gemstone?
10. Which of the following is often called ‘Fool’s gold’?